Maintaining good a diet and nutrition can make a world of difference in your gastrointestinal system. The foods you choose have a key impact on gastric conditions as well as body weight, energy level, and chronic conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
What a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Does for You
A registered dietitian will create a personalized nutrition plan to meet your specific needs, including:
- An individually designed balanced meal plan for you.
- Built-in accountability and goal-setting sessions.
- Routine follow-up appointments to ensure success.
Is Seeing a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Right for You?
The first step to a conversation about changing food habits is not talking about what you eat, but uncovering what you are feeling and thinking about food.
Did you know nutrition is foundational to your health? We can help with any condition including:
- Weight loss
- Gut dysbiosis
- Abnormal labs
- Disordered eating habits
- Recently diagnosed with a chronic condition (hypertension, diabetes, etc.)
If you’re ready to make a difference with your diet and nutrition, Scottsdale Gastroenterology Specialists encourages all patients to consider creating a personalized nutrition plan. Registered Dietitian Maya Schmitt, MS, RDN, LRD, CDCES, with The Nutrition Professionals, works with you to create a personalized plan which includes built-in accountability, goal-setting sessions, and follow-up appointments to ensure success.
Real Patient Nutrition Success Stories
- A 52-year-old male truck driver was seen for HLD, sleep apnea, and Diabetes type II with an A1c of 9.7%. After 4 months of medical nutrition therapy, his A1C is normal at 5.6%. His cholesterol is now in range, and he is no longer experiencing sleep apnea. He says the best part is that he has more energy and doesn’t feel like he has to restrict his carbohydrates.
- A 17-year-old male was seen for Pre-diabetes and obesity. Pt has made minor dietary changes and is eating more well-balanced meals. Small changes bring big results and he has lost 13 pounds in the past 6 weeks.
- A 66-year-old female was seen for declining kidney function. Over the past 6 months, she’s improved her GFR to 70 (from 60) and reports she’s not as “afraid” of food as she’s gaining confidence in her choices.
Schedule a Diet and Nutrition Consultation
Interested in learning more? Schedule a free 15-minute consultation today! Maya and The Nutrition Professionals accept commercial insurance, AHCCCS plans, and Medicare.
To schedule a consultation, contact Registered Dietitian Maya Schmitt:
To schedule a consultation regarding nutrition with Dr. Kazi, call 480-949-1260.